Cooking attempt #1: Oven-roasted garlic and cilantro potatoes
Just the other day, the AC in our house broke at the very worst time possible, and so my family and I decided to enjoy a peaceful dinner out on our deck. My mom made some fried chicken and asked me to prepare a light side dish, so I decided to try out a recipe I found on Pinterest.
These potatoes were super easy to cook! It only took 15 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes in the oven, which was perfect since I wanted to spend as little time as possible inside the sauna that was my house (it goes without saying that I was out the door as soon as I put those potatoes in the oven!). Anyways, I highly recommend trying this if you are a potato lover like me :)
Here’s my take on the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium size Russet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees and prepare baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil coated in cooking spray.
- Combine garlic and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove garlic with a strainer and set aside in a bowl.
- Place quartered potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle garlic oil over them. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown; toss halfway through cook time. Remove from oven and place into serving dish.
- Combine reserved garlic and cilantro. Sprinkle mixture evenly over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).